How to Upgrade GoClixy to v3.5?
Warning: Take backup of your entire website especially database before update. The update will remove all your existing customizations, only database, images and language files will be kept intact.
This is a step by step tutorial on how to update GoClixy - Business Directory Script on a web server.
Step 1: Update
- Follow steps 1 to 4 descibed in the Installation section on the left.
- Create a new folder inside the public_html folder of your website and name it v3.
IMPORTANT - The folder name must be v3 otherwise the upgrade process will fail.
- Upload contents to the v3 folder as described in the Installation section at Step 5.
- Open web browser and type the following URL: http://YOUR DOMAIN NAME/v3/public_html/updater.php
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- When the update has been completed successfully, you should see a message at the top of the page similar to: Your website has been migrated to the latest version v3xx.
Step 2: Replace existing files with the updated one.
- Create a backup folder in the root of your hosting.
- Move the existing folders application, goclixy, tools, vendor and robots.txt file to the backup folder.
- Create a new directory public_html in the backup folder.
- Move all public_html files and folders (except v3 directory) to the newly created folder.
- Go to v3 folder, select all files and folders and move them to the root of your hosting space.
- Delete the v3 folder.
- Go to public_html folder and edit the .htaccess file.
- Change the line number 65 from RewriteBase /v3/public_html/ to RewriteBase / and click the Save Changes button.
- Browse your website and if everything goes well, you can delete the backup folder.
- Also delete the updater.php file inside the public_html folder.
That is all!