Users management provide you the ability to look at a list of your users and sort them in different ways. You can also add, edit and delete users.
Normally, you create user accounts to grant access to exclusive parts of your site and allow business owners to post their listings.
To filter users by status, click the tabs as described below:
- Inactive: Show inactive users
- Banned: Show banned users
- Delete: Show deleted users
- By Role: Filter users by Role
You can also filter users alphabetically.
To create a new user you have to go through the following steps:
- Log in to the GoClixy administration panel of your GoClixy web site, go to Settings->Users and select User Management. Please note that other accounts might not have the rights to add new users, depending on the level of access granted. This will open the create user form where you can enter the user information.
Now, let's fill in the user details:
- Email: Type user's email address. This would be the login email to be used to log in to the site.
- Display Name: Type user's full name, like David Thomson
- Username: This would be the login name that will be used by the user to log in to the site
- Password: Use a password that contains lowercase letters together with capitals and numbers while having a minimum length of eight characters. To set password length, go to Settings->Settings->Security.
- Password (again): Re-enter the password just to make sure there was no typo in the first
- Language: This parameter sets the user panel's language
- Timezone: Set the time zone of the user. This information will be displayed to the logged in user.
- Role: Assign role to your user. This can be crucial for the security of your site so pay attention when setting this!
Once you are done with the information, click the Save User button.
By default both Email and Username can be used for login. To change the login method, go to Settings->Settings, select Security tab and modify it.
Activating/Deactivating a user
In order to activate/deactivate a user, log in to the GoClixy admin and choose Settings->Users->User Manager. Select the user by marking the checkbox to the left of the user's ID you would like to activate/deactivate and press the Activate/Deactivate button.
Banning a user
In order to ban an existing user - not allowing them to login to the site - log in to the GoClixy admin panel and open the User Manager from the Settings->Users. In the user list, select the corresponding user by marking the box to the immediate left of the ID column and hit the Ban button. Please note that this method will only disable the user account. You can always re-enable it.
Deleting a user
In order to delete a user, log in to the GoClixy admin and choose Settings->Users->User Manager. Select the checkbox to the left of the user's ID you would like to remove and press the Delete button. This method will not delete the user completely, you can always restore it. All the deleted users will be shown under Deleted Tab. To restore a user, click the Restore button under Deleted Tab.
To permanently delete a user, click the Purge button given under Deleted Tab.
Note: Please use this option carefully because purged record cannot be restored.
SOCIAL LOGIN INTEGRATION
With the help of this module, you can make it easy to authenticate users with a wide variety of well known social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Live, LinkedIn, and FourSquare.
- To integrate social login, log in to the GoClixy Admin Panel and choose Settings->Users->HybridAuth Management
- Click the Enable button
- Select the Login Type/Provider you want to activate by marking the checkbox to the left of the Provider column.
- Enter Key/ID and Secret value
- Click the Save Settings button.
GET FACEBOOK KEY/ID AND SECRET VALUE
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/
- Login with your personal account and register as a developer
- Under My Apps, click the Add a new app link and select Website.
- Enter your website address and click the Create New Facebook App ID button.
- Under Account->Application Settings, click on your application's profile, then go to Edit Application.
- Copy App ID and Secret Key
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/fb-login/settings/. Replace xxxxxxxxxxxxx with your Facebook App ID.
- Add the following URL: https://YOUR DOMAIN NAME/index.php/users/endpoint?hauth_done=Facebook in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs list and click the Save button.
- Facebook Valid OAuth Redirect URIs
GET GOOGLE+ KEY/ID AND SECRET VALUE
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com and create a new project.
- Under APIs & auth, select Credentials, click the OAuth consent screen tab and give a Product name. Click the Save button.
- Click on Credentials and click the Add credentials button. First select OAuth 2.0 client ID from the options and then select Web application from the Application type. Fill the details and click the Save button.
- Name: example
- Authorized redirect URIs:
- Click the APIs link under APIs & auth, search for Contacts and Google+ API and enable them.
As per the Google announcement on May 11, 2017
"Publicly available applications with access to certain user data must pass review. If you see an access error for your app, submit a request using our OAuth Developer Verification form."
Visit the URL given below and fill the form. Google will review your request and enable the Gmail Login.
GET TWITTER KEY/ID AND SECRET VALUE
Note: Do not enable the Twitter login, Twitter does not return an email address and email is must for GoClixy login.