A web banner is a form of advertisement on the World Wide Web provided by an ad server such as Google. This form of online advertising involves the incorporation of an ad into a web page. The main goal of the banner is to drive traffic to a website by linking to the advertiser's website. Most sites offer banners that will provide you with the banner code so all you have to do is choose where you want to place the banner and follow the instructions below.
You need to create a banner type first before adding a banner.
MANAGE BANNER TYPES
To view all existing banner types, log in to the GoClixy admin and choose Settings->Banners->Banner Types .
To delete a banner type, select the banner type you would like to remove by marking checkbox to the left of the ID column and press the Delete button. This method will delete the banner type completely, you cannot restore it.
ADD A BANNER TYPE
- To create a new banner type, click New Banner Type link as shown above.
- This will open a new form. Enter information as described below and click the Save button.
- Banner Type: Choose a banner type
- IMAGE: Useful for static banners and can contain illustrations or realistic photos.
- HTML: Used for menus and search boxes that enable interaction before the visitor even reaches the advertiser website.
- TEXT: Unformatted text ads. For Google Adsense, use this banner type.
- Title: Type a name. Choose a descriptive name that will help you identify the banner type.
- Filesize: Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. Valid for IMAGES Banner Type only.
- Width and Height: The size of image in pixels. Add this for all types of banner. The supported banner sizes are:
- Home Page Banner: 300x250 (Right Hand Side)
- View Page Banner:190x90 (Left Hand Side), 300x250 and 350x280 (Right Hand Side), 728x90 (Top), 180x90 (Middle) and 468x15 (Bottom)
- Listing Page Banner: 300x250 and 350x280 (Right Hand Side) and 728x90 (Bottom)
- Location: Location where banner will be displayed. Use positions as described above.
- Description: Type a description for your reference.
To edit a banner type, click on the banner type name under the Title column. Modify the information as defined above and click the Save button.
CREATE A BANNER
After addtion of a Banner Type, you can proceed with banner creation. To create a banner, click the New Banner link
- Banner Type: Select previously created banner type.
- Title: Enter a name for the banner. This name will not be displayed anywhere on your website. Instead, it will help you identify this specific banner in the management thereafter.
- Locations: Choose a location for the banner. If you want to display banners, depending on the user search location, you can do so here. For example, if you select United States, then this banner will be displayed only to users who navigate United States listings on your website.
- Categories: Choose a category for the banner. If you plan to have separate banners for each category, you can do it here. For instance, if you select Arts Entertainment as the banner category, then this banner will be displayed only in this category.
- Display on all pages: If you want to display a banner on all pages, select this option rather than selecting all locations and categories.
- Status: Set banner active or inactive
BANNER TYPE IS IMAGE/SLIDER
- Banner Image: Select an image for this banner. Click the Browse button and upload the image.
- URL: When someone clicks on the banner, this is the link they will be redirected to. Valid for static images types of banner.
- Target: Specifies where to open the linked URL. For instance, New Window opens the target in a new window.
- Start Date: Start date for this banner.
- End Date: End date for this banner.
- Maximum Impressions: Set the maximum number of impressions. An impression is tracked each time a user hover on a banner. Banner will be automatically deactivated after this amount of impressions.
- Maximum Clicks: The maximum number of times a banner can be clicked on. Banner will be automatically deactivated after this amount of clicks.
BANNER TYPE IS TEXT/HTML/SLIDER
- Slider Heading: Heading for the slide. This will be displayed to visitors if the banner is a Carousel slide.
- Text/HTML: Input your Text/HTML code. For google ads, input your adsense code in this box. Banner Type must be TEXT for Google Adsense.
EDIT A BANNER
To edit a banner, click on the banner name under the Title column. Modify the information as described above and click the Save button.
DELETE A BANNER
To delete a banner, select the banner you would like to delete by marking checkbox to the left of the ID column and press the Delete button. Use this carefully, this will remove the banner completely and it cannot be restored.