GoClixy is highly customizable, you can easily design a new template. You can also modify various elements and customize existing desigs so it looks and functions the way you want.
How to have your own Home Page Design in GoClixy?
GoClixy each web page is divided into three parts:
A layout is a collection of widgets or HTML code that is common for multiple pages. For instance, you could have a Navbar, Left, Right and Footer blocks in a Layout that is common to all pages.
View refers to the arrangement of text and graphics on a page. This is specific to a page.
A widget is a small block of code that performs a specific function. You can add these widgets in the Layouts and the Views web pages. These are designed to provide a simple and easy-to-use way of giving design and structure control of the GoClixy theme to the user. For example, you can create a block for categories and call it in Home and View page to enhance its functionalities.
How to add a Widget?
- Login to the Admin Panel, go to Developer->Themes
- Click the Add tab in the upper right corner.
- Select Widget from the Type dropdown field.
- Give a meaning Name to your widget.
- If this widget is designed for a specific view, type its name in the Applicable Views field and select it from the list.
- Click the Browse.. button to add an image (Optional).
- File Folder: This is the name of the folder (public_html/themes/default/widgets) on your website where files will be placed. E.g. if this widget is a pricing table select Packages as the File Folder.
- Specify a name for your file. E.g. _pkg_widget_22
- Add your notes in the Any Useful Information field.
- If this is a widget and has parameters, add them via Add Options button.
- If your widget has external CSS dependencies (e.g. Owl Carousel, Slick Slider etc.) add them
- Similarly add JS dependencies if there are any.
- Click the Save button to save your widget.
How to add HTML/CSS/jQuery code?
- Go to Manage Themes
- Click the Code Editor icon
- Paste your code in respective blocks
How to use a widget?
Use the code below to add your widget in a View/Layout page.
<?php echo theme_view('widgets/packages/<NAME OF THE WIDGET>', PARAMETERS?>
<?php echo theme_view('widgets/packages/_pkg_widget_22', array('type_id' => 0,'cols' => 3));?>